[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Forum Ideachess • View topic - Tactics problems changes

Tactics problems changes

Tactics problems changes

Postby Zuril » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:53 pm

Zuril
Site Admin

Tactics problems changes

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Tactics problems changes

Postby improbable » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:49 pm

queste variazioni, che sono fondamentali, non si potrebbero avere anche in italiano, vista la maggioranza di utenti di lingua italica? lo so, l'inglese è lingua internazionale, ed è giusto che ci sia, ma essendo il sito italiano forse lasciare l'opportunità della lingua madre per i più ignoranti come me non sarebbe sgradito...grazie improbable
improbable

Postby mcb1 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:23 pm

Thank you for all your hard work, and thank you for your ultimate goal, which is improving OUR chess playing. Excellent decision.
mcb1

Postby solskytz » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:48 am

The change may be for the better - but you used to have a feature that you no longer have, but which was very useful.

Now, if I make a move which the program doesn't evaluate highly, I get immediately the 'wrong' notice.

Before, the computer would play 4 or 5 moves with me before telling me that I'm wrong. The benefit was that I got to play my idea out and see why it doesn't bring the expected result. It also happens that computer doesn't immediately see why an idea is good, but after several moves the evaluation goes up,

Conclusion: even for evaluations under 2, please let us play for several moves before dropping the 'wrong' thing over our heads...

thanks!!
solskytz

Postby Remiem » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:06 am

Remiem

Postby littlemouse » Tue May 08, 2012 6:43 pm

Hi,
this really is a very good site.

Is it possible to have an option to exclude the "mate in X" problems so that a player can just focus on the tactics? This would improve the site greatly for training purposes.

Although many of the mate in 2/3 moves are useful many of the mate in 4-5-6 are really for problem solving and of little value to a tournament player looking for tactical practice.

If a solution is only correct because it avoids suicide Q sacs etc its really not relevant to the thought process in a game....actually is quite harmful as we should be learning to quickly dismiss moves that just leave position totally lost.Also some of the mate in 5 or 6 are seriously difficult and again of little relecance even for master level tournament play.

If people want them then they can choose to solve them if the option is there.
littlemouse

Postby BrockOxon » Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 pm

I do miss seeing the computer's line against alternative moves. I think that this was a neat feature to have and (except on the few occasions when I and Fritz (very few occasions! :oops: ) thought the computer line was not the best one) represented a learning experience. On some of the more complex problems it's not always obvious what the refutation is. The long "main line" is often interesting, but I do not think it's as educational as exploring other mistaken possibilities.
BrockOxon

Return to News and Updates