Page 1 of 2

New background color

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:01 pm
by Zuril
Hello,

discussing with Ercules5000 about eyes strain I've tryed to change the color of the background in ELO tactics page.
Let me know if grey colors are more relaxant for your eyes.

Thanks, Zuril

Re: New background color

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:00 pm
by thorras
DOH! I thought I had a problem with my computer, and so I installed the new version of Java, and checked for viruses, because I left last night which the color was ok, and now is all grey! I thought that today maybe the site owner was depressed, and for this reason everything became grey! :-)
Is it possible to return to the previous color? It reminded me of Greece with its white and blue, it was relaxing, and most of all different from other chess sites!
Thanks
Thor

Re: New background color

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:27 pm
by seanmcclureky
I love the color change. The gray is easier on the eyes. Thanks!

Sto imparando l'italiano in modo da appendere fuori qui mi sta aiutando.

La morte mi trovera vivo

Re: New background color

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:17 am
by Zuril
Hello Thorras,

thorras wrote:DOH! I thought I had a problem with my computer, and so I installed the new version of Java, and checked for viruses, because I left last night which the color was ok, and now is all grey! I thought that today maybe the site owner was depressed, and for this reason everything became grey! :-)


A scan with the antivirus is always useful, unless you use Linux like me, and also a Java update! :-)
I'm rather depressed because my Christmas holidays are finishing!

thorras wrote:Is it possible to return to the previous color? It reminded me of Greece with its white and blue, it was relaxing, and most of all different from other chess sites!
Thanks
Thor


I will do a survey!

Zuril

Re: New background color

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:25 am
by Zuril
Hello Sean,

seanmcclureky wrote:I love the color change. The gray is easier on the eyes. Thanks!
Sto imparando l'italiano in modo da appendere fuori qui mi sta aiutando.


I don't belive it! Seems you have used google translator ;-)

seanmcclureky wrote:La morte mi trovera vivo


La morte mi troverà vivo (Death will find me alive)

This is perfect except for the accent, but I think you don't have the right key on the keyboard! :-)

Zuril

Re: New background color

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:46 am
by thorras
In Italy you make too much vacations! It's 2 years I don't have vacation time, and I would literally kill for those nice summer months you have there! :-)
Ok, returning to the background color. I'm a sunny person :-) My problem is that the black pieces with the dark grey squares are a little lost, especially the pawns which don't have any white stripes on them.
Further I mean it's not a mortuary, so why the grey? :-) Chess is already a too serious game, we need to ask the girls what colors they would prefer!
Ciao (this is directly from Google translator) :-)
Thor

Re: New background color

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:34 am
by chesshenry
Hello Zuril,

I like the blue and white chess board squares, as it is fun and bright to play on. You may want to configure an option button, so that the individual will be able to choose which colors work best for him / her, on their own computer, as long as you can program such an option.

I am so glad, that I still see the blue squares on my computer, yipppppie !!!! Henry.

Re: New background color

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:39 pm
by Zuril
Hello Henry,

This seems the best solution. I will implement it as soon as possible!

Zuril

Re: New background color

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:57 pm
by seanmcclureky
Zuril wrote:Hello Sean,

seanmcclureky wrote:I love the color change. The gray is easier on the eyes. Thanks!
Sto imparando l'italiano in modo da appendere fuori qui mi sta aiutando.


I don't belive it! Seems you have used google translator ;-)

seanmcclureky wrote:La morte mi trovera vivo


La morte mi troverà vivo (Death will find me alive)

This is perfect except for the accent, but I think you don't have the right key on the keyboard! :-)

Zuril



I knew I would mess it up. I am using a book entitled "Learn Italian in a Hurry" and decided to attempt an English to Italian translation. I fail.

Chi trova un amico, trova un tesoro (He who finds a friend, finds a treasure)? I hope I did that right. Grazie Zuril

Re: New background color

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:40 am
by Zuril
seanmcclureky wrote:I knew I would mess it up. I am using a book entitled "Learn Italian in a Hurry" and decided to attempt an English to Italian translation. I fail.


Sbagliando si impara!

seanmcclureky wrote:Chi trova un amico, trova un tesoro (He who finds a friend, finds a treasure)? I hope I did that right. Grazie Zuril


Perfect.
You are cross-training your brain: chess + foreign language!

Ciao, Zuril