[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Forum Ideachess • View topic - chetaing

chetaing

Post here what do you think about ideachess and your improvement suggestions.

chetaing

Postby panda » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:10 pm

While making the tactic and you feel the computer is thinking and you said i am losing here right now you may cheat you click right on Home and then you click right Tactics Elo and then the same tactic is coming ! so that means you may try so much! i am not using it i do only when i miss the piece so pls make it up!

tnx

Volen
panda

chetaing

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: chetaing

Postby DATR » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:08 pm

vOLEN: I also reported this loophole on 10 12 2011.

"If I make a mistake my grade will drop. However, if I switch screens and then return to ELO Tactics the problem starts afresh. I could use this approach to increase my grade, dishonestly. I am trying to get into the top 100 and want to do this fairly. Can this loophole be closed?"
DATR

Postby panda » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:42 pm

I am sorry but i hate that fucking thing
panda

Postby Zuril » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Now reloading the tactics ELO page results in a fixed penality of -5 ELO points!

Now we will see the Volen's ELO points going down ;)

Ciao, Zuril
Zuril
Site Admin

Postby panda » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:47 pm

panda

Postby DATR » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:32 am

It is easy to stop your ELO going down. It is also easy to get a high ELO grade. Just use a search engine to find the solutions for you. You can't stop players doing this, so let the cheats cheat and don't change the system to try and stop them. However, I still think the loophole should be closed.
DATR

Postby DATR » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:59 am

I don't think the -5 point ELO is a good idea for three reasons. 1. If you get the puzzle Wrong the penalty is often much higher than -5 so the cheats would still use the loophole, the penalty should be the same as getting the puzzle Wrong. 2. If someone wants to cheat then they will using a search engine. 3. Players shouldn't leave a puzzle until they have attempted it, if they do, the attempt should be considered Wrong. My solution would be, remove the -5 ELO penalty and class the attempt as wrong if they leave the puzzle. This is how I thought it worked when I first joined the site.
DATR

Postby panda » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:16 pm

i know but i am not using it zril is one such..
panda

Postby DATR » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:46 pm

I wasn't suggesting you were. My comments were about the system not you.
DATR

Postby panda » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:19 pm

Poor site :D :D :D :D :D
panda

Return to Site Feedback