[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Forum Ideachess • View topic - New background color

New background color

For your eyes which background color is better?

White
46%
Dark gray
54%

Total votes : 13

New background color

Postby Zuril » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:01 pm

Hello,

discussing with Ercules5000 about eyes strain I've tryed to change the color of the background in ELO tactics page.
Let me know if grey colors are more relaxant for your eyes.

Thanks, Zuril
Zuril
Site Admin

New background color

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: New background color

Postby thorras » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:00 pm

DOH! I thought I had a problem with my computer, and so I installed the new version of Java, and checked for viruses, because I left last night which the color was ok, and now is all grey! I thought that today maybe the site owner was depressed, and for this reason everything became grey! :-)
Is it possible to return to the previous color? It reminded me of Greece with its white and blue, it was relaxing, and most of all different from other chess sites!
Thanks
Thor
thorras

Postby seanmcclureky » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:27 pm

I love the color change. The gray is easier on the eyes. Thanks!

Sto imparando l'italiano in modo da appendere fuori qui mi sta aiutando.

La morte mi trovera vivo
seanmcclureky

Postby Zuril » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:17 am

Zuril
Site Admin

Postby Zuril » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:25 am

Zuril
Site Admin

Postby thorras » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:46 am

In Italy you make too much vacations! It's 2 years I don't have vacation time, and I would literally kill for those nice summer months you have there! :-)
Ok, returning to the background color. I'm a sunny person :-) My problem is that the black pieces with the dark grey squares are a little lost, especially the pawns which don't have any white stripes on them.
Further I mean it's not a mortuary, so why the grey? :-) Chess is already a too serious game, we need to ask the girls what colors they would prefer!
Ciao (this is directly from Google translator) :-)
Thor
thorras

Postby chesshenry » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:34 am

Hello Zuril,

I like the blue and white chess board squares, as it is fun and bright to play on. You may want to configure an option button, so that the individual will be able to choose which colors work best for him / her, on their own computer, as long as you can program such an option.

I am so glad, that I still see the blue squares on my computer, yipppppie !!!! Henry.
chesshenry

Postby Zuril » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:39 pm

Hello Henry,

This seems the best solution. I will implement it as soon as possible!

Zuril
Zuril
Site Admin

Postby seanmcclureky » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:57 pm

seanmcclureky

Postby Zuril » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:40 am

Zuril
Site Admin

Next

Return to News and Updates