Why no PGN?

Post here what do you think about ideachess and your improvement suggestions.

Why no PGN?

Postby JoeLag » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:35 pm

As far as I recognise all positions are taken from real chess matches. So why isn't there a button to export the PGN?

Most times I fail to solve a problem I'd really like to give it some deeper analysis with my favourite user interface. But if there are more than 5 figures on the board I'm really too lazy to manually enter the position. A PGN export button would come quite handy.
JoeLag

Why no PGN?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Why no PGN?

Postby JoeLag » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:09 pm

Well - I admit that I only just know have read the FAQ.

I cannot copy the FEN string. I mark the string and press CTRL + C in the box but it doesn't work.

With the latest Java releases (from Java 6 Update 24) Sun has changed the security policy about using the clipboard to copy text and this function doesn't work anymore.
To solve this issue I've put the FEN string under the chessboard so you can copy it directly without using the button on the applet.

Damned! This is really small! Without my glasses I have been thinking that would be some fly specks. A pity that Babas Chess obviously doesn't import this FEN string. Even if I manually remove the "Tactics problem X". Is there any freeware chess board that accepts the FEN string as input?
JoeLag

Return to Site Feedback