[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Forum Ideachess • View topic - Checkmate in one, two, three and four?

Checkmate in one, two, three and four?

Having trouble using ideachess? Ask for help here.

Postby chesshenry » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:22 pm

Good morning Zuril,

When I first visited your site, I was able to just work on Mates in one and then when I registered, I was not able to find that options box which was in the right hand corner.

I have a few chess students who would greatly benefit working on Mates in one, as they are just beginners and this will help them to checkmate the king working on these puzzles. They can then go to mate in two, three etc as they get better at this type of exercises.

Can one also find tactical puzzles related to certain topics, removing the guard, overloading and double attacks and forks etc., to sharpen their skills and understanding of that topic.

How can I improve in my tactical section, as I am getting killed in the tougher chess problems?

When I want to work on just Checkmates, it seems to go to one example all the time and it doesn't advance to the next Checkmate sequence. Sometimes, I just want to relax and work on easy puzzles to get warmed up. How can I set up the site to do this for me?

Zuril you have a great puzzle site and I am excited to be able to work on the puzzles in my free time to improve my chess skills.

I would like to keep my questions to you private, do you have that option or feature?

Thank you for creating such a great puzzle site in which one can actually move the pieces on the board and keep working on them, till you get them or at least look at the answer key and try to do it by memory and get some understanding on how to figure it out !!!

I am now hooked on doing more puzzles everyday. Thank you so much, chesshenry.
chesshenry

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Checkmate in one, two, three and four?

Postby Zuril » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:25 pm

Zuril
Site Admin

Postby chesshenry » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:33 am

Thank you so much,

I did open your site without my password and was able to find the Checkmate in one, two, three and four options. That was a good tip for my beginner players to have to either log on with or without their password. Excellant suggestion ... Thankyou, chesshenry.
chesshenry

Postby Zuril » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:37 pm

I've changed the site menu with a pull down one. Now there is space and I've added into the menu "Practice" for logged in users the items "Checkmate" and "Tactics" with the same features as the ones for non logged in players.

Zuril
Zuril
Site Admin

Return to Help and Support